Decorating for Seasons

Hypolita

Do you do any seasonal decorating? We have some Christmas decorations, but I typically don't have specific towels or tablecloths for fall or anything like that.

MakeDoQueen

I don't nearly as much as I used to, now that the kids are grown. My granddaughter is two this year, though, so we definitely are planning on setting up all the lights and decorations for Christmas. We didn't last year, as it seemed too much trouble for just the two of us to bother.

SusieQ

I used to decorate for every season that came around. Like MakeDoQueen, I have cut back lots because I hate to take it all down and put it away. I love to put it all up but when the season is over, I wish I could just twitch my nose and make it all go away.

craftykris

We decorate for all seasons. We have a ton of decorations for both the indoor and the outdoor. I love decorating and so do my kids. Every year when I decorate I end up donating a lot of decorations. If we don't use it every year I get rid of it.

Bella

I go all out for fall and Christmas. For the other seasons, I have a 6 foot tall rustic holiday tree that stays up year round and gets decorated for Mardi Gras, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, and then all three summer holidays.

Bridges

The winter solstice brings out the interior decorator in me. All other seasons I couldn't care less about. Thanksgiving especially has colors associated with the decorations that I like to try and keep up year round. They make everything feel "cozy".

Last edited:

Chandy

We decorate only for Christmas. Decorating is fun and gives life to your house, but putting up the decorations then taking them down when the season ends is too much work for me. :D

Hypolita

Decorating for Christmas is definitely the best. I love putting up decorations and usually do it right around Thanksgiving. They don't come down until after New Years.