Don't forget the thrift store

MakeDoQueen

I just had a successful trip to the thrift store for craft supplies and thought I'd remind everyone to check there to save money. I found two brand-new packs of decoupage paper, unopened balls of cotton thread for doilies, and several wooden items to refinish.

wreckedmess

I hit these stores up on the weekends, this weekend is booked though because we have a birthday party to attend to. We always find great deals so I am shocked why more places overlook these stores.

craftykris

I have to say that I never go into our thrift store. It is the smell! If it smelled better I might venture in more often. I do know a lot of people get a lot of great deals there but I don't.

gmommy

I have found lots of yarn and other craft supplies at our local thrift store. It's always fun to make things rather inexpensively. My last project was a crocheted baby blanket. I love thrift stores. You never know what you might find.

GreenGal

Thanks for the reminder. There is a thrift store that opened a couple miles away and I have been meaning to get over there and see what sort of things they are selling. I've found some great thrift store items in the past for crafts.

MakeDoQueen

You definitely have to have an open mind when you go, though. Although I've bought supplies there, it's hit or miss. You have to look at the items with a creative eye, sometimes. I've bought clothes just to get the buttons or embellishments from them and then used those in another project.