Painted the Kitchen

CoolKat

We decided to go with a dark red in our kitchen in hopes that it would make the kitchen look warmer and not so large. The color we picked is almost like a dark red wine. When it first went on I thought oh my God is it ever red, it looks like a murder scene. When you first paint it looks cherry red but thankfully dries to a darker wine color.

Izzie

That was a bold move for a kitchen! Most people want their kitchen to look bigger than it is and not smaller. I am glad that you like the way it turned out!

wreckedmess

I think that is something that everyone thinks when they go red, no matter if it is a single wall or all of them. We have never been brave enough to try it though. It sounds like it looks good.

GreenGal

My friend painted two of his dining room walls a deep burgundy with a white trim for the woodwork. When he first told me, I was skeptical, but it looks really nice!

craftykris

I want to paint my kitchen red! I am glad it turned out in the long run. You just never know when you paint red. I would have started out with one wall and then went on if it looked okay. What brand of paint did you use?

CoolKat

Craftykris, we used a Behr brand because we've never had a problem with their colors.

Izzie, we built an addition onto our house so our original kitchen and dining room are now just a kitchen. Originally it was white, which made it look large and sterile.

Hypolita

We've gone with red accent walls before but never painted an entire room that color. Our kitchen is already small so I'm not sure we shouldn't stick with something light this time but what an intriguing idea. I'm glad it worked out for you.