Upcycling old tank tops

GreenGal

I came across a handy idea for turning tank tops into tote bags. You pretty much just turn it inside out and sew across the bottom and now you have a reusable bag that can be as plain or fancy as you want! I've been looking at them online and some are really cute! Just Google tank top bags and go to images. I think this will be a fun winter project.

craftykris

I would probably use new tank tops if I was going to do this. I just bought seven of them at WalMart for $2 each. I love their clearance section. I bought them for next year but I can go grab some more. Of course we would want to make them extra pretty so I will be able to use some of my old buttons!

Izzie

That is a really cute idea! I think I might make some for Christmas gifts this year. I'll have to run to Walmart and see if they have any tanks marked down!

MakeDoQueen

Neat idea. I googled, like you suggested, and came across one where you don't even have to sew. You simply knot the end and wrap with a heavy rubber band, then turn inside out.

Housepedia

I think that's a neat idea. It's also a creative way to re-purpose tank tops and a fun thing to do with those who have teenage daughters.

Hypolita

That is a cool idea, although I don't think I'd want to use my old tank tops. I wear mine until they are about to fall off and the underarms are dingy.

GreenGal

The old tank tops would be good to make bags that are more utilitarian, such as for throwing in your wet bathing suit or shopping at the farmer's market.

I saw so many cute ideas using all different kinds of tops, even small ones made from little girl's sleeveless tops.

Yes, some you don't even have to sew if you knot them well enough. I am excited about making some of these!