Zentangle

MakeDoQueen

Has anyone in here tried this art form? It's a lot like really intricate doodling and they say anyone can do it. I think to do a really attractive piece, though, you have to have some talent for it. I've been playing with it for a couple of days but am not really happy with what I've done so far.

wreckedmess

I guess I would need to see it in action since I have no idea what it is. Most of the time when I paint I will sketch something out before I grab the brush so being able to doodle means I am one step closer, right?

SusieQ

I didn't know what it was either wreckedmess so I googled it. If you'll go to zentangle.com, you can learn all about it. Some of the pieces I saw are beautiful. I can imagine that it could be relaxing.

MakeDoQueen

I think you must have to go through the training in order to be able to get good at this. I've been trying to find more details on the training but no luck so far. I love some of the fantastic examples I've seen but mine look like a 5-year-old did them.

Chandy

I had never heard of zentangle before either, so I had to look it up. I found out that you can buy a kit or attend a workshop about this art form, which I think is good for those who are really serious about art.

Bella

I've never heard of this before. I don't have an artistic bone in my body and I don't think I've doodled since I was in school, so this probably isn't for me. If anyone here does some nice pieces, you should post pictures and share with us!