Best yard spray

craftykris

I am looking for information on the best yard spray for fleas! I have an exteriminator coming tomorrow at 10am to do the house. He also is spraying 3 feet around the house. He said that he cannot do anymore than that (Federal Regulations). I've tried Raid for yards but it did not help. Have you used a flea spray for your yard and did it work?

CJParker

I'd be interesting in finding something myself. I would think you would need to be careful with what you use though if you have animals in the yard all the time. I wonder if there is something more natural that can be used?

wreckedmess

Are fleas the only issue? I think we use something that repeals both fleas and ticks, we mainly got it for the ticks since we like to play in the backyard with the kids. For us fleas were only an issue once and they came from a "visiting pet" too.

jason

Administrator
The guy at Home Depot said lawn & garden lime will help kill fleas. I also went to the pest control place for granular stuff, but that is for bugs in general.

I'm thinking about planting lavender around the yard. I use lavender oil on the dogs to help with fleas, plus it makes them smell a bit better between washes.

CJParker

I haven't heard about the lawn and garden lime before. Do you just spread it all over the lawn? It sounds like something that might be toxic to animals though. Have you tried it yet?

jason

Administrator
I haven't heard about the lawn and garden lime before. Do you just spread it all over the lawn? It sounds like something that might be toxic to animals though. Have you tried it yet?
I've used it in the garden before. It is a very fine powder, and I've seen it blow into the air when I toss it down. Once you put it down, the pets should have no problems that it is there.

craftykris

I ended up using some backyard spray. I never heard of lawn and garden lime before. I'm going to look for it. Sounds like it is easier to use than a spray. I did not dare spray the garden with anything. Can you use the lime powder in the garden without killing off your plants?

4ofus

I don't know where you live, but you might try planting eucalyptus in or around your yard to prevent fleas. I guess those nasty buggers really hate the smell of it.