Do you have a lot of spices?

HouseMouse

I think that I might be a little bit of a spice hoarder. I just love to go through them and try new combinations. They give me so much inspiration to try new dishes or new types of cuisines. That said, I think that I am at my limit. I am running out of space for spice racks!

CoolKat

I just threw out a bunch of spices I haven't used in years. I kept the ones that I use consistently and occasionally. How many spice racks do you have HouseMouse?

Brady

A while back I did exactly the same Coolkat. I wasn't using most of the spices in my kitchen so I got rid of them. Now there are only 3 or 4 that I use regularly.

GreenGal

Me too. I used to have a ridiculous amount of spices. Some of them were things that I bought to make one certain recipe and then weren't ever used again. I went through and cleaned a bunch of them out. I never realized that they expired, but they do.

Housepedia

I don't have a lot of spices, and I stock up only on those which I often use. I am pretty sure I have less than ten.

gmommy

I have a cabinet full of spices. I'll always remember my oldest son coming into the kitchen one day and opening the spice cabinet and just standing there. I asked him what he was doing and he replied "I just love to smell this cabinet mom."

HouseMouse

That's funny, gmommy. When I recently went through all of my spices and put them into new, fancy, labeled spice racks (it's a dream for me, really), my 9-year-old son started opening 2 or 3 of them, then holding them all together and smelling them as one. I asked what he was doing, and he said he was "creating new flavor profiles". That completely cracked me up!