Houses in the future

Nomaden

I wonder what houses in the future will be like. Will the houses be greener and more eco-friendly, or will they be more futuristic and plain. What do you think?

webhouse

I think (rather I hope) they will be greener, built using more eco-friendly materials, and designed in such a way that minimizes energy consumption. I guess we will use solar panels and other alternative energy sources more than we are doing now.

Manning

I think houses will be smaller than they are today, at least compared to some of the bigger houses that being built. They will probably be greener and use less energy, too.

Nomaden

Well, I think that makes sense that houses will be smaller and greener than they are now. The number of people is increasing in an exponential rate while this planet doesn't grow bigger.

Cricket

I would love to have a cabin like house with kitchen, living room, and dining room all in the same room with no walls. The only walls I would have would be the ones around the bathroom and around the bedroom and I would only have walls that don't go to the ceilings around them so heating and cooling wouldn't be so much of a problem. I want windows that are shaded so it will be cooler and allow an air flow through the house. I've thought about this a lot and I think I would be happier and it would be simpler for us.