Penny social - do you go?

Livvie

There is a penny social today at noon and the money made goes to the Local Relay for Life team. I'm going and taking my daughter. She is pretty excited. There are many gift certificates at this one = cheap services. Wish us luck at winning! I call this frugal living, taking a chance for bigger prizes and only paying $10 or so to play.

happygal

Good luck! That sounds like fun. We have had a couple of these in our area. What a clever way for that team to make money for their donation to the Relay. I woud go just because it was a donation.

LoveCrafting

I haven't been to one of these in years. Hope you have fun. In this day and time it is a good way for them to raise money and for you to save! Just plan on spending so much and hope you win something nice. :)

craftykris

I love penny socials! The only thing I don't like is the grumpy Old ladies that come too. They complain about everything. Did you win anything?

Last time I went to one (about a month ago) I won a couple of gift certificates. I used them as gifts too.

Livvie

We won! I spent $10 and got free cookies and punch and in the end we won a $25 gift certificate to the local flower shop. It's not just a flower shop though! They have tons of other gifts there.