Rope Braiding

Brady

Recently my wife and I started braiding simple things from thin rope like bracelets, lanyards and similar. We are thinking about selling them online. Do you think we have a chance out there?

wreckedmess

You can market just about anything online so I am sure you could. I am also sure that she could expand with this idea too. Don't people make bookmarks out of these things too?

Housepedia

You can definitely try selling them online. Promote your products on social networking sites or blogs on arts and crafts. A lot of people also test their products by giving samples to their family, friends, and acquaintances.

Brady

You can market just about anything online so I am sure you could. I am also sure that she could expand with this idea too. Don't people make bookmarks out of these things too?
Yes they do, but we use a little thicker rope so I don't think it will be the best choice for this.

You can definitely try selling them online. Promote your products on social networking sites or blogs on arts and crafts. A lot of people also test their products by giving samples to their family, friends, and acquaintances.
That is correct. We often give products to people we know. It's a good marketing habbit.

And thank you for your advices.

BellaLenore

Sounds like a good idea to me and I'd go for it if I were you. Never know unless you give it a try. You could also try testing it out and your local flea market and see what happens. Good luck.

hayley

These products sound like they would be perfect to sell on eBay and once you really get going you could also sell on Amazon. And don't be hesitant in setting up a website to market directly from.

Charlene

I like the crafting part but not the marketing part. I usually make things to be sold at our church fund raisers or as gifts.

gmommy

I say go for it. You may have just started a lucrative business. You may want to look at pintrest as well as ebay. It's not a selling site, but you could get your name and contact information out there. Good luck!!

Hypolita

I would go ahead and try selling them if I were you. You could set up an Etsy shop. Take some pictures, write up descriptions and there you go.